Sunday, May 6, 2007

Streaming Audio - Help!

I want to start streaming audio directly from the site, and I have seen DivShare used successfully elsewhere. However, when I try to stream the mp3 above it stops and starts constantly and seems to take forever to fully buffer. This is an appeal for help: what can I use to stream mp3s on my site that doesn't involve anything too technical (i.e. as simple as DivShare: upload and then embed the code that they provide)? Is there a problem with this mp3 at your end or is it running smoothly? What is the maximum quality that you can expect to stream without the constant stopping and starting? Feedback much appreciated; be a part of developments at FDB!

I think I've cracked it.. please let me know if these work for you.

The Creators: The Music & The Hard Margin
taken from The Weight (Bad Magic, 2000)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could try this...

http://www.estvideo.com/dew/index/2005/02/16/370-player-flash-mp3-leger-comme-une-plume

I don't know if this will help...

(and sorry this apge is in French...but I guess translation won't be a problem...)

The purpose of this is to install a .swf which allow you to play any mp3 like precised there...

Good luck !

DL said...

Thanks for the help. I want to try and avoid .swf and stuff like that because basically I have no idea how they work even though I'm sure it's pretty straightforward.

Ideally, I want to just upload to something, copy and paste a code and have it work. Can you suggest what the issue with DivShare might be?

Thanks again

Dan

rf said...

try encoding at 96k..

DL said...

I'll give it a go///

zk said...

clicking starts an automatic d/l for me (exactly what i like, but probably not what you're going for)

DL said...

That's weird. At this end, it takes you to a quicktime screen and streams the song. I thought you had to right click on the link to dl...

depletedsoul said...

Ok, those links dont work for me Dan, and i think i know why.
You have a mac correct?, those links use quicktime and the qtx plugin, which most p.c users dont have or need. Infact, once id clicked those links it crashed my explorer window.

The best way of streaming directly from any site is to use an realmedia .ra file. Its not too dificult to encode an .ra file but you will need somewhere to store your encoded mp3 / .ra / .rm files.
Iam sorry but to be honest the most reliable methods are always a little bit more complicated than uploading and embedding. If you have your own web space and would like me to teach you how to create realmedia streaming hit me up.

alley al said...

i'm a bit late on this comment but what about what king e does on lawnjawns with that player?

or being that you have a new look anyway and your html skills is up, just up mp3s to zshare cuz they let you stream it or dl it. just make sure it opens up in a new window when they click the link.