Thursday, May 17, 2007

Streaming Goes Live!

I owe a massive debt of gratitude to Dale at work for helping me out with all the technical side of things in the move towards the streaming, as well as Depleted for advice along the way (cheers boys!). Having established my own little slice of web space, I hope that there are no problems with streaming/downloading single tracks in the future, but feedback would be much appreciated on the example below:

Marco Polo: Nostalgia feat. Masta Ace
taken from Port Authority (Rawkus, 2007)

Still haven't killed this track... 'Port Authority' review to follow very soon.

If I get no response on this I'll just assume it's all working. Thanks for your patience. Peace!

7 comments:

Olskool4real said...

I already checked this cut out since it was highly regarded as one of the best cuts of the year on another blog. I like it and think that it is always good to hear an established artist survive in todays time without sounding old school or new school but reinvented himself in a way thats understood by both lyrically. The beat and groove was fitting of Master Ace's style and he flowed I was feelin this one!!!

rf said...

dan
if you want it to stream properly look into m3u files.. they are lil text files in which the mp3 is specified, i know for instance WINAMP in windows handles them as a stream rather than trying to play them in the browser or download it,..

depletedsoul said...

What Rory said ^.
MP3's dont stream unless actioned in kinda the same way as a realmedia file with a m3u text file.

Currently if you click this link it donwloads and then plays in the same browser window, not good for keeping people on page or even on site, who wants to stare at a blank page whilst the mp3 downloads?.

Here is how you use m3u to stream mp3.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3U

DL said...

I'm on it fellas...

I wasn't sure about the .ra option in the end Jay, would ideally like to keep it mp3 based so I'll explore thi m3u avenue.

Cheers!

Dan

Travis said...

I've probably listened to this song 30 times this week and it keeps getting better and better

alley al said...

ok i commented this already a few minutes ago on an older post, but i think having one of those players on your page is an option if you want readers on your page while they go thru your writings.
lawnjawns used to have it, but i'm too lazy and sleepy right now to find one for you. i've seen a mess of 'em in the myspace world.
zshare also lets you stream. just use your html talents to open a new page when the url is clicked.

btw, m3us are playlists. i guess that's what rory's trying to say. most prgs/players recognize m3us, so maybe tha's how divshare works, but i wouldn't know.

that's a great idea btw. the change.

i'd been having mixed feelings about full album sharing lately as well, but i didn't wanna bite travis' steelo.. not that i would..
and btf's collection is just insane, so i couldn't go that route..
that's why i liked your comment on one of the posts about reserving the right to be hipocritical.

DL said...

Thanks for the feedback Alley, good to see you back around these parts. I've used my new found html steez so that the tracks open in a new window now: I think that'll do to be honest.

Peace!

Dan