YouTube Treats - Skibeatz
Just a couple of nice YouTube finds to tide you over until the next full length post. It seems incredible to me that Ski doesn't get mentioned more often when any discussion of bangin' producers comes up, particularly given his work on 'Reasonable Doubt' and Camp Lo's excellent 'Uptown Saturday Night'. Here's Ski showing you how he works his way around the boards, including a breakdown of 'Dead Presidents' from Jay Z's classic debut 'Reasonable Doubt':
Ski shows you around the MV-8000:
'Dead Presidents' breakdown:
What a killer track... as an aside, if anyone has the original mix of this cut ('Dead Presidents I'), a link would be much appreciated. Let's hope the 'Luchini' breakdown surfaces quickly: I love seeing producers deconstruct their own work.
Beats, Rhymes & Samples: Skibeatz mixed by DJ Raize
There's a nice mix kicking about the internet at the moment by DJ Raize of Brooklyn, where he puts together original sample sources and some of Ski's best known tracks with real flava. Check out his MySpace page for a link to download the album. Raize recently contacted me after I dropped a comment over at Oliver Wang's Soul Sides regarding this mix, asking for some information on London and Paris where he was intending to propose to his girlfriend this month (good luck mate). Who said true romance was dead?
Identity fraud hits the blog scene... beware!
I was just making my daily visit to Travis at WYDU only to find that somebody has posted a comment in the CBox under my name (kind of flattering I suppose). This could have been down to chance, although whoever did it also entered my e-mail address so I'm assuming that it isn't just another random 'Dan Love'. I mean c'mon... if you've got something to say then don't hide behind someone else's identity: that's weak. Apart from anything else, they didn't even capitalise the 'D' and the 'L', a dead giveaway for anyone who knows how geeky I get about the English language. Get a life sucka!



5 comments:
I noticed the i.d exploits too Dan. When i last looked the offender had posted some rather nasty dis under the name of Travis. Anyone who knows T knows full well he wouldnt do such a thing. Dam kids need a stint on the naughty step.
Sporting a dunce hat ideally.
Yeah, if you see anything on another site under my name, let me know.
This is the kind of rubbish that just pisses me off because some kid who isn't getting enough attention has to act like an idiot on the internet. It's the last thing I want going on on my site.
I'm trying to think of the best way to handle it.
For the record, I wasn't even on the internet from Friday afternoon until about noon today (my times of course).
As far as the new set up Dan, you should do whatever you feel you need to do. I personally think you'll keep your core audience and the rest weren't really the people you were targeting as far as visitors anyway. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do myself, let me know how it turns out.
Here's that original Dead Presidents...
http://www.divshare.com/download/643441-621
Trav,
I find it unbelievable that someone who had found their way into the relatively niche world of hip hop blogs would behave like that - it seems more like the sort of spam you might get on msn or something. Anyway, best thing is for us to stop talking about it and ignore the guy - I'm sure he'll get bored.
Thanks for the comment on the change... nothing drastic yet!
HHU - thank you, can't wait to check it out.
Dan
Post a Comment