Monday, April 23, 2007

Flea & J-Zone - Separated At Birth?














Unfortunately I don't have time for a full post today, as laziness over the Easter holidays has bitten me on the arse work-wise. Instead, I am tentatively suggesting that Flea of Red Hot Chili Peppers fame and J-Zone may in fact be long lost brothers, separated at birth only to find their own separate paths to musical fame. The similarity struck me whilst watching the video du jour, Marco Polo's 'Nostalgia'. Check J out in the chorus sections miming the scratching: replace those itchy fingers with a bass guitar, remove the man's clothes, chuck in a healthy dose of time at the tattoo parlour and pop a sock on his... you know... and I think we may just be onto something (or am I on something?).

I'll get back to it properly later in the week; hold tight for some Sconeboy drops tomorrow.

3 comments:

rf said...

bored are we

cobraBLACK said...

Good spot.

I've also noticed that the RHCP's drummer, Chad Smith, has a striking resemblance to none other than, the man, Will Ferrell; check it out:

Chad or Will?: http://www.vater.com/newproducts/
imagelarge/funkblaster.jpg

Will or Chad?: http://i.a.cnn.net/nascar/2006/news/
features/conversation/05/02/
will.ferrell.conversation/will.ferrell.384.jpg

Maybe they should get together and form a celebrity tribute band (probably just to make appearances, not play) - A battered leather item can be Anthony Kiedis and any old smackfiend will do for Frusciante!

DL said...

Its the makings of a dream team...