Monday, August 6, 2007

FDB On Hiatus - NYC Beckons...
















Oktober - 'NYC'
taken from Projekt: BUILDING (Freshchest, 2004)

I had hoped to put together another proper post before I made my way to New York via London, but alas, various different things have gotten in the way over the past few days that have prevented me from doing so. Thanks to those who have thrown some suggestions my way: I'm feeling kitted out for a great ten days or so.

Although New York has its fair share of anthems that would feel fitting as a parting shot, Oktober's 'NYC' is possibly a song that has escaped your attention. I originally included it on one of my instrument themed mixes a while ago, but in reality it deserves its own spot such is the strength of the cut. Produced by the Freshchest in house team of JL and Johnny Cock, the jangling guitar track, heavy drums and chorus vocal sample combine to create an athemic musical backdrop for Oktober's verbal digressions on the city that he proudly reps. It's a banger folks.

I'm back on the 18th: hold tight until then and enjoy the summer.

2 comments:

ron art said...

hope you enjoy NYC and this hot ass weather we have. i saty inside with the AC on full blast untill nightitme.

Anonymous said...

nice bog here!